Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ground Zero Mosque and Islamic Center: Where I Stand?

Personally, I don't really care about this as of yet because at this moment it doesn' really effect me, maybe because I didn't loose anyone in 9/11, but it was close. In my English class we are going to have a class debate on this subject, and my view has to be against it. So here is my argument, lets see if it is convincing.

Why build a peaceful place of worship and praise in an overly crowded, obnoxiously loud city? From my research no one supporting these buildings could answer this question. Yes, they have the right to build anywhere, but "Religious freedom does not mean being insensitive. . . or an idiot."(-Rabbi Meyer May). The building that they are planning on using was hit by burning dubree from 9/11, so that very building could be just as important to some people as ground zero. Race shouldn't be an issue because not all Muslim's are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment